Posted By Cruise Market Watch / 9th August 2012
Johnny Bolin Facebook friended me the other day! Johnny played drums for Mid-western hair metal band Dare Force when I saw them back in 1985 at The Patio in Sioux City Iowa. These days he is drumming for Black Oak Arkansas, which played in this year’s Tommy Bolin Tribute Music Festival alongside Ghost Ship, whose guitarist Rick Moore is the same long time friend from high school with whom I saw Dare Force.
When telling my sister Chris about this post, she told me she once happened to sit next to Johnny on a flight to L.A. Oddly enough, Chris was on a mission to deliver a guitar to her friend, wife of T.S.O.L. guitarist Ron Emory. I digress, bear with me.
Separately, a recent Google search for guitarist Pat Travers revealed he is appearing on the Rock Legends II cruise. Looking further into the details, the artist line up includes none-other than... yep, Black Oak Arkansas.
Now that got me wondering. What other rock cruises are out there? Below is my list of the top five rock cruises, followed with more six degrees of rock cruise separation.
||Rock Legends II||
||Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Creedence Clearwater, Kansas, 38 Special, Marshal Tucker, Blue Oyster Cult and Black Oak Arkansas among others|
|2||311 Caribbean Cruise||311|
|3||Chillin' The Most||
|Simple Man Cruise||
||Lynyrd Skynyrd, Doobie Brothers|
||Godsmack, Sevendust, Filter, Fuel, P.O.D, KORN|
Ok, so here it goes - our “six” (or more) degrees of rock cruise separation.
First we start with Kid Rock (Chilln’ The Most Cruise)
- - Kid Rock performed the track “The School of Old” by Run-D.M.C.
- - they created the track “Here We Go 2001” that was performed by Sugar Ray
- - they created the track “Stay On” that was performed by Nick Hexum of 311 (311 Caribbean Cruise)
- - that group’s fusion of reggae and rap-metal was created in Omaha, Nebraska
- - that is just 90 miles south of drummer Johnny Bolin’s home town
- - he is playing with Black Oak Arkansas
- - they are playing on Rock Legends II Cruise with .38 Special
- - who has member Larry Junstrom
- - he was a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd (Simple Man Cruise)
- - who has member Michael Cartellone
- - he was a member of Damn Yankees
- - who has member Ted Nugent
- - he created the track “Cat Scratch Fever” which was performed by Godsmack (ShipRocked Cruise)